Data Solutions for DEI: in conversation with Rubie Clarke
At Fearless Futures, we’ve created Fearless Data Solutions for bespoke DEI insights. Our advanced algorithms pinpoint your DEI challenges, and our Consulting team guides improvements from start to finish. Let’s talk to Rubie Clarke, our Director of Consultancy and Data Solutions, to learn more:
1.What measurable outcomes can we expect from implementing your DEI data solutions in our organisation, and can you provide examples of similar organisations that have achieved substantial improvements?
|Diverse teams : through policy and process evaluations we can develop more equitable recruitment and promotion processes that unlock barriers to access for a diverse talent pool.||Inclusive Recruitment and Research for a Global Design Company
Inclusive recruitment strategies achieved increased diversity in their participant-pool across Race, Ethnicity, Gender and Faith
Design and trained the UX research team in inclusive research practice to support sustainability and innovation in their services
|Products and services that serve diverse communities: gather insight from your stakeholders on their needs and expectations from your product and services, use this information to shape product and service design and decision making, and track stakeholder insights to measure success.||Inclusive Data Collection for a Venture Capital firm:
Holistic inclusion criteria to measure diversity of their pipeline more effectively, supporting the company in meeting its mission to invest in founders from marginalised backgrounds
|Accelerate pay equity : through an intersectional analysis of your data, understand and remedy specific barriers to specific demographics at the intersection or race, gender, ethnicity, disability and beyond.||N/A|
|Reporting mechanisms : innovative reporting and tracking mechanisms that set clear metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the progress of your DEI efforts and initiatives over time and report progress to your staff, stakeholders and industry||London Local Authority Unit
Designed DEI strategy and action plan framework, in line with the Mayor of London’s wider D&I strategy for London with goals, objectives, KPIs and internal benchmarking and evaluation processes.
|Supplier diversity: innovate processes by identifying and removing inhibitors that prevent your organisation from partnering with diverse suppliers. Measure and track your pipeline and report on your success.||N/A|
2. How quickly can we see results and improvements in our DEI efforts after adopting Fearless Data Solutions, and what is the typical implementation time?
- Depends entirely on the solution! Data solutions usually involve a combination of data collection, analysis, evaluation and then solution design, implementation and monitoring/tracking.
- It can be quick: for example, we can collect, analyse and evaluate employee experience data across an entire ecosystem in one month. From there we might identify the need for a new promotions process and a promotions monitoring system. This could take as little as two weeks but of course depends on the review and sign of process in an organisation.
- Often organisations are actually sitting on ‘pools’ of really rich data, but without the sophisticated tools and expertise required to unlock deep insights : pay equity data and recruitment data are good examples. Our analysis modelling is cutting edge which means we can take a data source like this and produce extremely rich insights in as little as 1 week. Sometimes we need to clean up the data clients give us to analyse, pre-processing can be more timely, but our team are expert in this area and we work closely with our clients and any internal data management specialist to accelerate pre-processing as much as possible.
- Our most holistic offering is the Ecosystem Audit which involves collecting data from people, policy and process, to analyse the enablers and inhibitors of DEI across an organisational ecosystem and provide a strategic change report with tailored recommendations for solutions to drive equity and inclusion at scale. A full audit can take anything from 3 – 6 months depending on the size of a company, how many locations they have and so on.
3. In what ways does Fearless Data Solutions offer a competitive advantage compared to other options in the market, and how can it directly address organisations’ unique DEI challenges?
- Very often DEI data is taken to simply mean quant numbers – ‘diversity data’, on representation alone. That approach only tells us how diverse our teams are. It’s useful but without the equity and inclusion data organisations are left with a very limited picture and therefore limited ability to understand where the barriers and opportunities for DEI actually are, or how to target those areas to create measurable changed outcomes across recruitment, retention and so forth.
- Many providers can give you diversity data : our solutions go far beyond this, identifying root causes of DEI issues and opportunities to tackle. We reveal things like – why are we not recruiting or retaining women? Why do disabled colleagues never make it to leadership? Why are there many more leaders of Colour in one location than another? Where do we need to direct energy to create change, as quickly as possible? Through employee surveying, policy assessments, pay equity analysis, and inclusion audits, we are able to answer these questions.
- By revealing the data behind these questions we can: 1. Redesign recruitment, onboarding, progression processes to attract and retain talent 2. Develop Global DEI strategy tailored to regional contexts and with global standards for cohesion and synergy across the ecosystem 3. Develop cohesive data collection and analysis tools to track and measure progress
4. Could you share success stories and testimonials from clients who have experienced significant positive changes in their DEI initiatives as a result of using your product?
- This is amberjacks case study.
- This is expedia case study
- Inclusive Data Collection for a Venture Capital firm: Holistic inclusion criteria to measure diversity of their pipeline more effectively, supporting the company in meeting its mission to invest in founders from marginalised backgrounnd
- Inclusive Recruitment and Research for a Global Design Company: Inclusive recruitment strategies achieved increased diversity in their participant-pool across Race, Ethnicity, Gender and Faith. Design and trained the UX research team in inclusive research practice to support sustainability and innovation in their services
- Inclusion Skills Analysis and DEI Capability Strategy for a Global Consumer Goods Company: Surveyed the Inclusion Council to assess DEI capabilities across three key skill areas necessary for effective strategy and action. Provided insights Report with data visualisation, evaluation and tailored recommendations for how to upskill and serve the needs of their council to enhance their ability to drive DEI at the company.
5. What ongoing support, training, or resources does Fearless Futures provide to ensure teams can effectively utilise the strategic recommendations Fearless Data Solutions provide to maximise its value in our organisation?
- Educational Leadership Training Programmes
- Critical Friend Consultancy: As a Critical Friend, our consultants partner with you to offer on hand to support to strengthen the equitable potential of DEI initiatives. We provide expert, constructive scrutiny, steer and advice that enables you to confidently challenge assumptions, identify opportunities and risks, and examine data and decisions through an intersectional lens of equity and inclusion. We help our clients build confidence in delivering on DEI that last far beyond our engagement.