Fearless Futures engages people in critical thought to understand and challenge the root causes of inequalities and grow powerful new ways of leading and designing transformative change. We do this through equity, leadership and design programmes for young people in schools and people in the workplace.
Based in West London and New York, we are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Facilitation and Learning Design Manager experienced in teaching and creating learning content for the part of the organisation that focuses on the workplace. The successful candidate would be based in our London office and would work closely with and report into our Chief Programmes Officer.
What will the role involve?
The role will focus on two core areas: facilitation and learning design.
Management of facilitation
- Light-touch support for our facilitators. This includes quality assuring programmes, assessing needs and briefing facilitators for delivery where this is necessary.
- Managing all communications with our facilitators – including the creation of key communications such as briefing documents and quarterly bulletins.
- Training of trainers and facilitators in our unique facilitation approach.
- Growing our facilitation pool when necessary – including sourcing, recruiting and training new facilitators.
- Delivering Fearless Futures workshops and programmes where there is a need for the co-facilitator, client or organisation.
- Updating training budget trackers and overseeing the operations team to ensure invoicing, expensing and payment for facilitators.
Management of learning design
- Managing the day to day learning design of our programmes and creating, innovating and amending some of our learning content and manuals, including making this more user-friendly and effective.
- Liaising with our clients about curriculum content, our pedagogical framework and working with them to develop content design in line with their needs upon confirmed projects/programmes.
- Experience in teaching or training
- Experience creating learning content
- Ability to develop others’ delivery and facilitation through training, coaching, written feedback and learning resources
- Experience in a dynamic working environment
- Creative and adaptable when unexpected challenges occur
- High standards
- Tenacity and perseverance
- Working confidently and quickly under pressure; and
- A can-do, positive attitude to making our work transformative and fun!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Fantastic colleagues
- Flexible working
- Work from home
- Casual dress code
- Trendy office and studio space
- Team lunches
- Summer and winter parties
- Birthday gifts
Salary: £30-40,000 per annum (subject to experience). The right person in this role may move quickly into the Director band which goes up to £45,000 per annum.
Location: Westbourne Park, London, with some international travel
Role Type: Full time, permanent
Start date: Ideally 15 July 2020, but there is some flexibility
Interview: First round will be approximately (though subject to change) 21-30th April and second-round interviews 4-15th May consisting of principally competency-based questions, role-related task based activities and workshop delivery exercises. Please note that due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, all interviews will be held over video.
How to apply? Please send a cover letter and a CV that evidences your suitability for this role to email@example.com. Please confirm your possible start date in your covering email and dates you may be available for interview.
Deadline for applications: 18:00 BST, 17 April 2020
- As an employer, we make all reasonable adjustments to support employees in their work if they are disabled or have a health condition. We encourage you to read about the government’s Access to Work scheme which could provide you with financial support to get the help you need to do all tasks successfully.
- If you are invited to interview we will at that point ask you for any accessibility requirements or preferences you may need e.g. in the past individuals have requested extra reading time.
- If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our privacy notice for job applicants can be found here.