Fearless Futures engages people in critical thought to understand and challenge the root causes of inequalities and grow powerful new ways of leading and designing transformative change.
We do this through equity, leadership and design programmes for young people in schools and people in the workplace.
Salary: £22-25,000 annually (subject to experience)
Location: Central London
Role Type: 2.5 days a week – the flexibility of this arrangement can be discussed at interview
Start date: September 2018
First round interview: 2nd August (2 hr slot)
Second round interview: 14th August (1 hr slot)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, pro rata
What will the role involve?
The role of Team Assistant is a pivotal position in our team. As we grow, we are in need of an organised and dynamic Team Assistant who has a real passion for efficiency and organisation. You’ll be a trusted partner in enabling our organisation to fly smoothly.
In this role you will take on a broad range of duties: supporting a wide range of administrative activities for team members, preparing and couriering resources to our workshops and events, preparing invoices, inputting and handling impact data, coordinating our team meeting agendas and responding to queries.
The role will report into our CEO, Hanna Naima McCloskey.
Who are we looking for?
- A strong administrative skill set – including effective multi-tasking
- An aptitude for using and improving processes (updating spreadsheets, for example, to make sure we always know what’s what)
- You’ll have excellent written communication – writing emails quickly without errors to clients as well as internal team members, like our pool of facilitators
- Good decision-making and prioritisation skills – able to take initiative when other staff may not be available to consult
- Creativity when unexpected logistical issues and other challenges occur
- Organised and prepared, with good time-awareness
- Able to complete administrative and logistical tasks swiftly and to an accurate and high standard
- Willingness to learn and effectively use Xero (a finance/accounting platform) if you haven’t used it before
- A self-starter with strong project management and planning skills
- A can-do, positive attitude to making our organisational work transformative and fun!
- Administrative experience, in a dynamic environment
- Experience of invoicing and tracking financial spend
- Equity – we are committed to advancing deep and meaningful equity and inclusion – so all spaces of work are spaces of belonging and opportunity for all.
- Intersectionality – our approach always strives to honour the ways oppression and inequities interconnect in individual’s lived realities.
How to apply?
Please complete the application here. Once you begin the application form, you must finish it (you will not be able to save it.) You will be asked to provide the following:
- Brief information on your work history (select four positions only), with achievements in those roles
- A short response on what you believe makes Fearless Futures unique
- You will also be asked to rate yourself in the following competency areas, and then provide evidence where you rate yourself as highly competent or where you have experience outside of a work context: – administration, process improvement, internal communications, problem-solving, basic accounting, written communication, time-management, events assistance and verbal communication
- Information on your notice period
- Confirmation that you are available on the interview dates stated
The deadline is 12pm (midday) on Thursday 26th July. We operate anonymised recruitment, and will only ask for your mobile number on the application form. If you are invited to interview, we will request your email.
First round interviews will take place on the 2nd August, within a 2 hour slot. This will consist of a presentation (details to be sent along with invitation to interview), a competency interview and written exercise.
The second round interview will take place on the 14th August.
We are unlikely to be able to conduct interviews outside of these dates, so please check your schedule when applying.
- As an employer we make all reasonable adjustments to support employees in their work if they are disabled or have a health condition. We encourage you to read about the government’s Access to Work scheme which could provide you with financial support to get the help you need to do all tasks successfully.
- If you are invited to interview, we will at that point ask you for any accessibility requirements or preferences e.g. in the past individuals have requested extra reading time.
- As a small organisation, we cannot at this stage support with visa sponsorship.
- If you have any other questions regarding the role, please contact email@example.com.