In Summer 2016 we will host the world’s first Gender Equality Accelerator (GEA)!
The GEA has been inspired by the success of our inaugural Summer Leadership Institute (SLI) in August 2015.
Our inaugural SLI saw: 32 young women aged 14-18yr come together for two weeks exploring gender inequality, leadership, power, privilege, sisterhood and social change. At the finale awards ceremony we launched Jessy McCabe’s campaign!
As you know well, taking action is at the heart of our work – and so we asked ourselves – how can we accelerate change? And the Gender Equality Accelerator was born!
The first two weeks of our August 2016 summer programme will be our Summer Leadership Institute for 30 young women and this year, thanks to our partnership with The Great Initiative’s Great Men project, 30 young men too!
Fearless Futures and The Great Initiative have come together because we are united by our unique, disruptive approach both in schools and corporates. We work on the root causes of inequality, not the consequences – which makes us highly impactful.
Of the 60 SLI participants, 10 of the young women and 10 of the young men will then go on to participate in the Gender Equality Accelerator for a further two weeks.
During the GEA, they will:
- Identify the priority areas for change based on their deep knowledge and understanding of entrenched gender inequality on account of the SLI
- Collaborate on developing 2-3 tangible solutions/outputs
- Receive practical support and know-how from skilled professionals, in particular from tech, advertising/media and design-thinking organisations
- Create minimum viable products in the form of applications or media campaigns
- Outcomes for the participants: increased understanding of gender injustice, applied entrepreneurial skills, enhanced problem solving, team work and leadership capabilities
- Outcomes for skilled professionals supporting our participants: increased understanding of gender injustice, enhanced problem solving, team work and leadership capabilities
How can you help?
Are you an organisation that wants to accelerate gender equality? Do you work within a tech, media, or design-thinking organisation? Does your sector have a significant under-representation of diversity within its talent base? Do you want to apply your innovative spirit to challenge entrenched gender inequality? Do you believe in the power of young people to create a better tomorrow?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then we want to hear from you as we are seeking GEA partners! Get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com so we can talk further.