Because despite 20 years of academic success our society does not afford girls and women the status opportunities, representation or power that they deserve.
Innovative equality and leadership development programmes for girls and young women with peer power at their core.
Gender injustice is so embedded in our society and our world, that sometimes we stop seeing it. It’s time to wake up, give ourselves a shake and confront those content with the status quo.
Power is not given to you. You have to take it.
Our Peer Power programme is eight weeks long. It supports young self identifying women and non binary individuals (from Y9 to Y13) to develop their knowledge and understanding of gender and connected inequalities. Self identifying girls critically engage with the invisibilised and normalised messages which shape their experiences of the world. In addition, they work collaboratively to create a workshop that they deliver to their younger peers, developing powerful and transformative new ways to lead within their communities.
The programme engages them in eight deep experiential learning episodes to:
- Enhance their critical thinking
- Develop their meta-cognition through reflecting on the process of learning
- Build on their confidence and grow their resilience
- Refine their leadership capacity
Peer Power Multiplier
The Peer Power Multiplier programme is 13 weeks long and builds on the Peer Power programme. From Week 7 onwards the 12 Game-Changers are split into two groups of 6 and your Trailblazer will be joined by another Trailblazer in order to provide tailored and focused support to each group.
Each group will select a theme from within the programme to further explore to truly work on multiplying their impact. Through preparing and delivering two additional workshops for their younger peers they will:
- Apply knowledge gained earlier in the programme
- Deepen their critical thinking
- Enact their leadership and meta-cognition
- Build on their confidence and nurture their resilience
- Multiply a powerful culture of social justice among their peers
Our unique approach is supported by recommendations from the Education Endowment Fund, as well as our experience working as teachers and facilitators with young self identifying women and non binary individuals in schools. Our programmes are impactful because of the following:
- Multi-week programmes make for a sustained intervention
- Small groups of just 12 ensures a safe, self identifying girl and non-binary only space that encourages deep discussion and learning and supports their courage
- Peer Power deepens their leadership by giving them the opportunity to actualise their leadership skills within their community
- Collaborative learning develops their understanding of the world from one another’s experiences
Dedicated Trailblazer (workshop facilitator) who is selected based on their communication skills, trained in pedagogy and is a near-peer expert in gender equality and social justice
Our content is crucial. We know that courage and power can be drawn from knowledge of the complex and challenging concepts the self identifying girls and non binary individuals explore.
- Critical thinking
- New models of leadership
- Courage and resilience
- Gender and inequalities
- Careers and futures
- Social change
Who are our programmes for?
Our programmes have been transformative for young self identifying women and non binary individuals for a multitude of different reasons and are utilised by schools to support a range of strategic concerns:
- Pupil Premium intervention (Ever6, FSM, LAC)
- NEET prevention
- Early intervention
- Meeting Ofsted’s SMSC criteria
- Developing resilience
- Disengaged learners
- Tackling persistent absence
- Developing cultural capital
- High achievers / low confidence
- Growing leadership potential
- Sixth Form retention
Don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have, because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.
The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.